Terms & Condition of Kalithea Star
Everything you have to know before booking a car. Read these useful terms & conditions in order to be prepared.
Insurances and extras included in the rental price:
Collision Damage Waiver(CDW). Excess amount per Group:
- for car Groups A, B, maximum charge €300
- for car Groups C, D, Automatic, maximum charge €450
- for car Groups Jeep, Cabrio, maximum charge €600
- for car Groups SUV, Mini Vans, maximum charge €700
Passengers Insurance(PAI). Passengers of the rental vehicle are insured during the rental period for bodily injuries in case of accident.
Third Party Insurance(TPI). Eliminates renters liability towards third party damages in case of accident.
Theft Protection. The renter is insured in case the vehicle is stolen. Any stolen belongings in the interior of the car (eg. cameras, travel bags or cell-phones) are not covered by any insurance.
Fire Insurance. Fire Insurance covers the rental vehicle itself in the event of a mechanical fire, lightning strike or explosion.
Road assistance 24/7. Our road assistance is free of charge and available 24/7 all over the island.
VAT and Local Taxes
Baby Seats(on request)
Airport Service(Meet & Greet)
Full Damage Waiver(FDW) No Excess. This insurance offers full collision damage waiver with zero excess for your rental car except wheels,underside and glass.
Wheels-Underside-Glass(WUG). This Insurance COVERS damage to the Wheels, Underside & Glass of the car.
Super Cover(SCDW). Full insurance 100% with no excess for damages caused by accident to the vehicle during the rental period including Wheels+Underside+Glass (WUG). It may also be referred as Super Collision Damage Waiver.
Exceptions for CDW, FDW, Super Cover, WUG.
No insurance covers the following cases. Damages or any additional fees will be payed by the renter regardless of whether the CDW, FDW, SuperCover, WUG insurance options have been accepted.
- Accidents caused by any driver not indicated in the rental agreement. In this case renter will be liabled for any damages caused.
- Accidents and Damages caused while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Damages caused to the underside of the vehicle due to off-road driving and driving on beaches or mountains.
- Any damages caused with intent and/or deliberate of road driving.
- Burnt out clutch due to misuse.
- Burnt out engine and/or broken oil tank(after hitting the underside of the vehicle due to off road driving).
- Damages caused due to towing of the vehicle.
- Any unreported damages/accidents may be construed as negligence and will be subjected to payment. Any damages and/or accidents must be reported to the rental company immediately on the provided telephone numbers.
- Loss or removal of vehicle registration number plates.The renter will be charged for any traffic fines due to the lost registration number plates. Daily rental rate charges may apply until replacements have been arranged and put in place.
- Loss or damaged the vehicle keys.In case of loss/damages to the keys during the rental, the renter will be subjected to replacement costs. A charge €100 to €350 will be incurred depending on the type of vehicle. Additional costs may be incurred for any required key/vehicle re-programming.
- Any damages as to the vehicle’s interior.
- Any stolen belongings in the interior of the car(e.g. cameras, tablets,cell-phones etc).
Persons who may drive the car:
Only designated driver(s) indicated in the rental agreement will be permitted to drive the car.
For hiring a car from our company the driver must be a minimum 23 old and maximum 70 years old. A valid EU or International driving license held at least 1 year is required.
Use of the car:
The car will not be operated:
– for paid transportation
– to propel or tow any vehicle or transport
– in any race,speed test or contest
– by any person under the influence of alcohol or narcotics
– to carry passengers in excess of the respective seating capacity
– in other than a paved road or public highway
– ferrying the car outside of Rhodes island territory
– by any person without lessor’s prior permission
– by any less than 23 years of age unqualified driver
All traffic violations and/or parking offences during the rental period are at the renters responsibility and expenses.The owner may charge renters credit card for any traffic and/or parking offence infringement incurred by the renter.
The renter is obliged to return the car with the same fuel level as checked and marked on the rental agreement at the time of renting, otherwise any difference will be charged.
Unused fuel is not refundable.
Rental Period for Online Bookings:
For online bookings the minimum rental period at the following locations are:
Kalithea – Koskinou 3 days(free pickup/drop off at your accommondation).
Faliraki – Ladiko 5 days.
Ialysos – Ixia – Kolympia 7 days.
Rhodes(RHO) International Airport 7 days.
For an over 1 hour excess of the rental period indicated on the rental agreement document,the renter will be charged with additional daily rate.
Return of the car:
The renter is obligated to return the car at/or before the agreed date,time and location described in the document of rental agreement.Failure to comply with this agreement, the lessor has the right to surcharge the lessee for the late return or different drop off location of the vehicle, as defined by the rental agreement document.
Extension of rental period:
If renter wishes to extend the rental period, he has to notify the lessor at least 24 hours before the end of the rental period indicated in the rental agreement, to receive the respective approval.
Late Pick-Up / Early Drop off:
Your rental starts and finishes according to the pick-up and drop-off dates and times detailed on your voucher. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide refunds for unused time if a car is picked up late or dropped off early. If you are unable to pick up the car at the agreed time and date, it is essential you contact us as soon as possible. If you do not, there is no guarantee that the car will still be available and you will not be entitled to any refund.
Out of business hours:
If you requested to hire a car outside the rental counter’s normal opening hours(very late at night or early in the morning),an additional fee may be charged.
Car types & Availability:
Reservations are always confirmed for a given Car Group -not for a specific car model- The car on your voucher represents the vehicle for the class (Group) you have booked. We cannot guarantee a specific make or model. Any specific cars menthioned are simply typical examples of the size, specifications and performance applying to that car group.
Kalithea Star Car Rental reserves the right to provide a different car model to that originally reserved of an equivalent or higher model type.
In case the renter fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date and time without prior written or telephone notice, Kalithea Star will cancel the reservation after 3 hours and has the right of non-refund. Kalithea Star reserve the right to charge the renter a one day rental of the car group reserved.
Cancellation of reservation: Cancellations for a period of at least 48 hours before the scheduled date and start time of the rental, no cancellation fees will be charged and any amount you have paid will be refunded.
Prepaid Reservations: For prepaid reservations the rental amount is non-refundable.
No occurrences or cases listed below:
- You did not show up at all on the scheduled date and time of receipt of the vehicle.
- You wanted to cancel your reservation, but did not notify before the 48-hour period.
- You did not provide the required documents to pick up the vehicle
- You did not have enough credit or debit card balance available to cover the rental and warranty of the vehicle.
-In all the above cases, you will not be entitled to a refund.
Early vehicle return: You can return the vehicle earlier than the scheduled delivery date of the contract, however you will not be able to get a refund for the period you did not use the vehicle.
Pick up/Drop off:
Free delivery / pick up for a rental period of more than 3 days to any accommodation within 10km range.
We provide 24/7 road assistance service for all inherent mechanical faults related to the vehicle specified in the rental agreement document.For all other roadside assistance call outs including refueling,keys loss and keys locked in the vehicle a service fee will will be charged.
You can add an additional driver without extra cost.
Kalithea Star offers unlimited mileage free of charge for all car groups.
Our company offers 3 types of baby seats free of charge(available upon request): for babies from birth to approx. 12 months, children from 9 months to 4 years old(9-18kg) and children from 4 years old to 11 years old(15-36 kg ).
Payment is required upon pick up of car in cash or via credit card.Total amount higher than 500 euro must be paid only by credit card.
Kalithea Star – Car Rental Company reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.